Home > What`s New > Press Release
|Subject||Global Public Procurement Market 2019 Hosted for Overseas Procurement|
|Division||International Cooperation Division|
GPPM 2019, the large-scale consulting conference, hosted to provide support for suppliers to enter the overseas procurement market.
PPS Korea, MOFA and KOTRA co-hosted GPPM 2019
78 of foreign buyers and users participating along with UN Procurement Workshop going on
□ Global Public Procurement Market 2019 (GPPM 2019), the largest overseas procurement consulting conference in Korea, is hosted for three days from 6th to 8th of November at InterContinental Seoul Coex.
○ Cohosted by PPS Korea, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and KOTRA, GPPM 2019 invites buyers and vendors based in overseas to provide venues to consult domestic suppliers.
□ This year, 78 of foreign buyers from 29 countries and 250 of domestic suppliers participate in the insightful event.
○ The cooperation of PPS Korea, MOFA and KOTRA under the name of Team Korea is expected to create synergy effects featured by networking and expertise of each organizations.
□ "Export Consulting", the main session of GPPM 2019, organizes over 600 export consultings which are arranged for 20 governement bodies and international organization including the Southern Denish government, Ministry of Health in Vietnam and Asia Development Bank, and 58 foreign buyers.
○ Those participants are interested in Korean suppliers especially from a range of fields such as IT-based electronic appliances and health and medical service where Korean companies are known for their competency in the world.
□ In the briefing session on overseas procurement markets, presentations are made by persons in charge of procurement from the UN, ADB, Romania, Denmark and Russia whose procurement markets Korean suppliers have keen interests in.
○ In particular, the UN procurement briefing session and specialized workshops are also prepared to help the suppliers target the UN procurement market worth \20 trillion by inviting key persons from UNICEF, UNPD, UNOG and UNOPS.
○ At the same time, this large-scale conference provides advice for the suppliers on how to earn "Overseas Certificate", the essential requirement to enter the overseas market, by having Korea Testing Laboratory and Korea Testing and Research Institution.
□ Meanwhile, before the opening ceremony starts, Mr. Mookyung Jung, Administrator of PPS Korea met Mr. Bogdan Puscas, President of National Agency for Public Procurement in Romania to sign an MOU for cooperation and support for suppliers of both sides to enter each other's procurement market.
□ Mr. Jung said in his opening speech, "I find this event very meaningful as it realizes the meaning of government-led innovation. I believe that Korea's highly competent suppliers could create synergy effects to advance themselves into the overseas procurement market", adding "we will continue to support them in taking the lead in the overseas market with excellent products they produce".
Inquiry: Eunjeong Lee (Deputy Director at Global Procurement Support Team) at +82 42 724 7131