Home > What`s New > Press Release
|Subject||Inauguration of the 36th PPS Administrator|
|Division||International Cooperation Division|
Inauguration of the 36th PPS Administrator, Mr. Kim, Chungwoo
Emphasized 4 major agenda including innovation-oriented public procurement and the procurement environment of co-prosperity and cooperation
□Mr. Kim Chungwoo took office as the 36th administrator of the Public Procurement Service(PPS) on the 2nd of November, 2020
○ The new administrator delivered his inauguration speech without holding a ceremony, considering the COVID-19 pandemic.
□Administrator Kim indicated the new public procurement directions to actively tackle the rapidly changing environment around government procurement such as the 4th Industrial Revolution and COVID-19. In this regard, he proposed 4 major innovation directions:
○ △ Shifting from purchase for the lowest price to a procurement regime to guarantee fair prices for goods and services
○ To that end, he specified △ innovation-oriented public procurement △ establishment of the procurement environment filled with co-prosperity and cooperation △ ‘Digital First’ policies △ and abolishment of unnecessary regulations
□Administer Kim added “Built on the success of procurement administration over the past 70 years, we all need to be more innovative and flexible to ensure another 70 years of advanced procurement“
○ For that to happen, he pointed out △ horizontal and open organizational culture △seamless communication between suppliers and public entities △field-centered procurement administration
□ Administer Kim entered the officialdom after passing the 40th High Civil Service Exam and then served as a director of Public Contract and Procurement Policy Division of the Ministry of Economy and Finance(MOEF) and a professor of the Business Administration Department of Sejong University, after which he worked as a policy maker (the city of Gunpo in Gyeonggi-do province) and a coordinator for the Strategy and Finance Committee at the 20th National Assembly
○ Well-versed at national finance, he has accumulated a wide variety of experience and knowledge in administrative, academic and legislative circles. Thus, Administer Kim is said to be the person fit for major procurement innovation areas including All New KONEPS and public procurement of innovative solutions
○Administrator Kim, as a member of the 20th National Assembly, demonstrated his strong interest in innovative solutions in government procurement by playing a leading role in putting on the floor the general revision of the Government Procurement Act(’20.3.31. the general revision, ’20.10.1. enforcement).